Monday, February 24, 2014

Bonjour tout le monde! 

I have officially been a missionary for 18 months. Can you believe it? 

It was a good good week. 

Paula was confirmed in church yesterday. I didn't hear any of it because Aiman was going craaaaazy during sacrament meeting and putting stickers all over my face and sticking his pet rock in my eyes, but it apparently was a very beautiful blessing! When she talked about the moments when she feels the spirit she said she just feels as though she could run and dance and she just wants to share her joy with everyone! And she does! Well, minus the running and dancing thing. She shares the gospel with everyyyoonne. Rockstar missionary. Her friend in Tours is getting baptized. Déja. It has changed her so much that she can't imagine not wanting to share it with others. 

Sweet Valbona was invited to a member's house for family night and we talked about faith. For someone who is so new to the Gospel she is just so open and receptive to the spirit. We talked about faith and how we don't need to KNOW all. We just have to start out with desire and belief. She has been reading the Book of Mormon every day and when we asked her how it made her feel she said 

"I feel myself. I feel strong." 

Somehow everything she says in her broken English is more profound than a million words. 

I kind of feel like Valbona today. I can't find my words and I am not sure how to express myself and how I feel about it being the last week of my mission. But I do know that my mission has made me more  myself; and it has made me strong(er). And it is the most wonderful thing to see that in others as well. 

Defranchi left us for Taiwan this week. Sad to see her go, but happy to welcome Soeur Doyle back into the équipe — now we are trois

There were lots of other adventures this week — but I am afraid my time at the Blois library is coming to a close and they are kicking me off the computers. 

I love you and I know that this gospel makes us strong and helps us to know who we really are: children of God. 

A très bientot!

Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment