Monday, February 17, 2014

all things are become new.

chambord

Hi!

Many people may think that Valentine's Day as a missionary is the most uneventful holiday of the year for girls who are often mistaken by strangers on the bus as 'bonne soeurs' (aka NUNS). But my-oh-my this week was filled with more love than any other Valentine's week I have had before. Because sharing God's love is just fun. This week Lefrandt and I went a little crazy and made a million heart sugar cookies and handed them out, with a scripture that sort of became the theme of the week: 

Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. Corinthians 2:9

I saw and heard and felt the love of God through so many experiences this week. We met with Valbona again this week and she talked about how all week long she has just wanted to come back to the church so that she can have that feeling again. We told her that she can have the spirit with her often, not just at church. We gave her the Book of Mormon and invited her to read it and to pray to know if it was true. She said "Well I already know it is true. I would not feel this way if it was not." She has the most sincere desire to seek truth and knowledge. Then this morning she called us and said, "I started read the book. It is a good book!" So adorable. 

Paula was baptized yesterday and it was one of the most beautiful days I have experienced this past year and a half. A rainbow came out (not even kidding), the whole branch showed up, and it was just beautiful. After she came out of the font she hugged us and through tears said "I am new, I am new!"  She stood up and bore her testimony at the end of the baptism and said:

"I left my country a long long time ago. Since then I have always been searching for a home. Today is the first day I feel at home. Today I have found my family." 

And she is home and she has found her family. God really does prepare beautiful things for us. Sometimes we can't see them or hear them or understand them, but that is because they are too wonderful to even comprehend. Just a few months ago Paula was a woman we met on the road who said that she wasn't sure if God was there. Et voila! He is there and we are never too far away for Him to find us. After the baptism Valbona came up to us and said "I would like to do this too." We assured her that could definitely happen. 

We can become new. All of us. 

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."

Speaking of becoming new... some habits just don't go away. Remember that one time I left the camera in the taxi the very first day we got to New Zealand? Yeah. Remember that time I left Paula's baptismal clothes in Blois and I realized while we were already in the train heading for Tours? Mmmhmm. Some things don't change. Thank heavens for amazing members who save the day and search their closets for white dresses. A phone and a baptism dress. In the space of two weeks.  There is still hope for me right? 

I love you from Blois to the moon. Have a happy week. 

Love

Olivia

morning run on the loire.

1 comment:

  1. Soeur Rhondeau, it was fun to see you and Soeur Lefrandt as companions. I knew Soeur Bradley would be jealous that she couldn't be with you two as well, but I was glad for the both of you. I saw that you were comps on Facebook and was so happy for you. What a beautiful place to finish your mission--on the Loire. Thank you for sharing your wonderful testimony!

    ReplyDelete