Monday, January 13, 2014

Bonjour! 

The week in review:

Met an amazing new amie named Amina. We had found her number that the old soeurs left, gave her a call and she said "I have been waiting for your call for months, what happened?!" She is from a Muslim background and is from Algeria and has the most beautiful little children in the world. Her 4 year old is obsessed with police and by the end of our rdv I had about ten police cars, helicopters and other various items and toys piled up on my lap. Amina embodies kindness. She is one of the most beautiful people inside and out. We talked about faith and prayed and then she invited us back to eat an Algerian meal with her! We are going tomorrow and I can't wait. 

Another lost and forgotten amie named Mirlande invited us over and we went with a member because she lives far away. Two hours later we are lost in the countryside but it was secretly a tender mercy because I got to see beautiful scenery and chateaus and I know it doesn't REALLY matter, but it was a nice tender mercy quand meme. We eventually found her and she is wonderful. From Haiti and full of love and faith. 

I mentioned in passing to Paula that I have always wanted to do service on my mission but can never find associations that will take us. She calls two days later and tells me we have a rdv at a shelter in Blois that she will take us to on Friday. She is a SAINT. She did this in the midst of finding out some awful news at the hospital and caring for her three kids. She is the most pure example of turning outward. So we went to the rdv and it was just a beautiful thing. People of all backgrounds and walks of life sitting and eating together. We get to start next week distributing food. I cannot wait! 

We had a rdv with a man that Pymm taught and saw baptized when she was in Blois. He is the most tenderhearted, heart broken person. He has struggled with so many hard things, and this week we talked about re-finding faith. He feels that he has lost it and cannot get it back, or is not worthy to get it back. We talked about Alma 32 and about DESIRE. How desire is what we need, and then our faith grows from there. 

We had exchanges in Paris and it was lovely to be back. Such a busy, moving city. We taught another beautiful Muslim woman there who is actually getting baptized! It is such a beautiful thing to meet these people who would have otherwise just been strangers on the street. 

I just love these people. It is really the most beautiful part of being here. They bring so much to the world with their light and their faith and their stories. A pretty quote for the week:

"Never worry about numbers. Help one person at a time, and always start with the person nearest to you."

Such a good mantra. We need not look far, juist help the person nearest to you. 

Those are my thoughts for this week. I love you and I miss you and I am thankful every second of every day for you. 

Love

Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment