Monday, November 11, 2013

Mes chères,
 
You know those periods of time in your life when you sort of feel like you are in a rut? Like you want to have the desire to be and become and learn and grow, but you just can't quite seem to muster up the strength to do it? You are just tired. I have to admit that the week before this one, that is how I felt. Just kind of worn out. And it worried me a little bit. I don't want to just sit and watch time pass. So I was thinking and praying about this, when I found a lovely little quote:
 
Those who bring sunshine to the lives of other cannot keep it from themselves.— J M Barrie.
 
I like that. That you cannot possibly share light with others, without keeping it from yourself. And it's true! I really felt the difference this week in looking for even the smallest ways to share sunshine (sounds like a cheesy phrase, but whatevs. I also really dislike the song "Scatter Sunshine" and now it sounds like I am skipping down the streets of France singing it. But I digress ... ) with people around me. And it is fun.
 
Remember that woman we contacted who then took us to her house to show us where she lived? We have been teaching her, and I just really really like her. She is very calm and deliberate in how she learns about the gospel. And just answered the question to be baptized with "Well if it is true, then what would be stopping me?" That is a pretty courageous way to live. The women that I have met on my mission are just the coolest. I wish everyone knew them.
 
We went to visit Manon this week with our friend Silan from the ward. We all sat on the hospital bed while we taught and laughed at how hilarious this situation looked. And then Manon cried about life and Silan was so sweet in comforting her, and I just felt happy again.
 
The family Taverez who came to Church last week came again and they are a rockstar family. A member accidentally mistook me for one of their daughters and then they offered to adopt me and I almost said yes because I love them that much. They are a breath of fresh air. Fun and sincere and it is so cool to see the people that God has prepared. This ward is lucky to have them.
 
Also, one of my favorite moments this week was when we were in St Germain to meet an amie there. I LOVE our African amies. With all my heart. And I love the instructions that are sometimes given to us on how to get to their house.
 
"Just go to the hospital and then the apartment is by there."
 
 "Do you have an address you could give us? We only have a map."
 
 "No just ask someone where the police station is and you will find it."
 
 "Wait I thought you said the hospital?"
 
 "Well it is a few streets away from there."
 
"Ummm ... "
 
So we walked around in the pouring rain for an hour and we never found it. May be one day we will meet Sophia.
 
Each one of these moments just made me feel happier again and regain the desire to keep on keepin' on. And it is the little things we do that and that other people do that make our days brighter.
 
Je vous aime!
 
Sœur Rhondeau

No comments:

Post a Comment