Monday, November 4, 2013

Hello mes chères!
 
Due to lack of energy and health, this week I am going to keep it short and simple. Sooo, top ten moments of the week, accompanied with pictures.
 
Countdown:
 
10. Teaching Florence and her little girls the first lesson while she did weaves in their hair. Little African girls are heroes and they have the hardest heads in the world. We played charades after as well. So fun.
 
9. Passing by an old ami named Ulrich that we found a while ago but hadn't gone back, only to find that he had STILL been reading the Book of Mormon since the first time we passed by. And he told all his friends that he was meeting with Mormons. They told him to stop, but he said no. We read a chapter of the Book of Mormon and had a really lovely discussion while he cleaned off his Nikes on the terrace.
 
8. Halloweeeeeen! Which they actually don't understand in France. The few attempts that we saw were adorable and admirable. We dressed up as each other. Skirts shirts coats tags and all. It was fun to be Sœur Stahly for a day.
 
7. Sœur Stahly's birthday! We celebrated at the family Grenier's house, where they made us a delicious lunch and Sœur Grenier chopped off all of Sœur Stahly's hair.


 
6. Almost getting mugged by gypsies in Paris. Saved by a man walking down the street.
 
5. RDV with our amie Sœur Gomila. She is so so wonderful, I don't know if I have mentioned her before. She is so bubbly and happy and we have lots of fun with her. She is preparing for baptism, and it is so fun to be along for the ride.
 
4. Meeting a cute little family while waiting in line to do my legality. I offered one of the little boys a tic tac, and then his five siblings suddenly appeared too with hands outstretched  "Puis-je avoir un tic tac? S'il te plait? Un seul? Ou peut etre quatre?" Another favorite conversation:

"Where are you from?"
"America"
"No you aren't you are lying. Why are you speaking French then?"
"We aren't lying! I promise, we are American but we are living here."
"No you are not you are lying."
"I promise! Listen, we are going to speak English."
"... hmm I still think you are lying."

Well. We did all we could to prove ourselves. Didn't work.
 
3. Going back to Nancy for legality! It was so interesting and strange and wonderful to be back. I started legality there, and you have to finish it where you start. I showed Sœur Stahly around and we met up with Sœur Bradley, and I really do love that ville. There was a carnival going on AND there were pumpkins all over Place Stan.



 
2. Seeing my favortire all time people Marjana and Donald in Nancy! It was like being reunited with long lost family members. I love them.
 
1. A family called us Saturday night to tell us they were coming to Church. They have some friends in the states who are members, and they have read just about everything you can read, and their girls are already starting personal progress. They came to Church and we ADORE them. They have two daughters, and they are just the sweetest parents in the world. They stayed for a baptism after, and I played my violin and Stahly gave a talk and it was just a lovely day.
 
Donc. Sorry for the fragmented details of the last week. Not feelin so swell, so this will have to do. I'll leave you with a beautiful quote that Soeur Stahly shared with me:
 
"Gratitude is a quality I have found in every happy person I know." —Elder Wirthlin
 
Have a happy and gratitude-filled week. 'Tis the season.
 
Love you!!
 
Sœur Rhondeau

pics — I forgot to tell you that we went to the top of the Eiffel Tower! So magical. And we made the caramel apple cake recipe that E sent for Stahly's bday — SO GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment