Wednesday, May 4, 2011

un autre jour





Our Paris Walks class consisted of chocolate tasting today. Prof. Olivier said its our alternative to wine tasting in Paris :) We each unwrapped our little morsel while he read out the earthy tones we were supposed to be tasting. It was incredible--banana, citrus, salted caramel, licorice, volcanic ash (!)--and different and delicious. Then we had our photo class and took the train to Jardin du Luxembourg. I loved how many different pieces of Paris you can see in this parc. People jogging, eating, playing chess, playing boules, soccer, reading--you name it, they had it. (not of course, at the same time. Although that would be pretty impressive.) Then dinner in the garden avec Nannick. The conversation was fun tonight. She pulled out her mothers dictionary. Her mom was born in the 1800's and the dictionary is about that old. So very cool.

Photos du jour:
1. Where I ate lunch today. I can't get over that you can walk down the street and stumble across places comme ça. And then sit there and eat a curry baguette sandwich. After lunch I did my homework and then wandered through the quartier. I found an amazing store that I am so excited to show my mom and sisters.
2. Les Flaneurs. Rainy walk.
3&4. Lunch by the Seine where we saw a frenchman strip down to his underwear and wade into the Seine. You know, just the usual.
5. L'arc de Triomphe

1 comment:

  1. Your classes sound amazing. They have all those flavors?! I'm impressed! :) Your notes make me laugh! I love them! The Frenchman on the Seine! Ha! I like your jacket, a lot.

    ReplyDelete