Monday, September 16, 2013

Au Revoir Nancy

Et bonjour Versailles! The transfer email just came in, and it looks like I will be leaving beautiful Nancy and going back to Paris, serving in the Versailles area. It is so interesting, lately I have been missing Paris so much — the metro, the people, the constant moving and busy-ness of it. The other day Soeur Bradley and I contacted a couple from Paris who we hit it off with and I said, "You know, if I have to leave you (which we don't even want to think about. This girl is my soul friend.) can they please please please just send me to Paris?" Well. I may have to leave this city that I have come to know and love and one of my best friends, but I also get to go back to my favorite city in the world. On to another adventure! 

And what a wonderful week to end on in Nancy! We had so. much. fun. this week. Like, I taught the least number of lessons I ever have on my mission, and we got frogged a million times, and we forgot our umbrella every day and ended up soaking wet, but it was really the best. We worked HARD. And each night we came home and crashed and had achy feet, but it was in the good way, ya know? 

We went on an adventure this week out to a ville about an hour away from us  to pass by some less actives. Surprise surprise none of the addresses were right, but it was so fun being in a new ville. We went porting in a lot of batiments and on the last door this woman opens her door and we tell her who we are, and we ask if she believes in God and she says that she doesn't, but then she motions us into her home. Music is blasting and her three little adorable boys are dancing, and she turns off the music and we start talking. She tells us how he used to believe in God, but now she feels abandoned. A horrible marriage that she left, friends and family forgetting her, and hard things just left her feeling forgotten. We talked about God and prayer and purpose, and she said "You know, even though I don't believe anymore, I still find myself praying some days."  We then shared this scripture:

 16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
 18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
I think that is so true. That our spirit knows that we are eternal, and that we are children of God. We talked about how she is not abandoned and how the sufferings of right now are just for now. And that God is there to help her and her boys. She was so receptive and I am so excited for Soeur Bradley to start teaching her. The whole time her little boys were coming in with all of their stuffed animals, introducing us to them. Trop mignon. The second we left, the music went back on and you could hear them all dancing together. 

We had a great lesson with the Sevoyans this week and it was like everything just finally clicked. I can't believe we met them on our second night here, and they are still our most solid investegators! I love them.

Last night we had a dinner with the Chastons and two Young Adults in our ward and it was the best way to end my time here. We sat around the table and heard stories about Guillaume's visit to Kansas this summer. A wealthy french boy staying on a farm in Kansas — learning how to drive in a corn field, opening the door to the bathroom only to find a chicken in the bathtub, his card getting denied at Walmart because his bank thought it IMPOSSIBLE that a French boy would be in KANSAS of all places. We were rolling with laughter at all of his stories. I have loved and adored these people, and I can't even believe how lucky I was to be here with Soeur Bradley. Last night we just stayed up for hours (oops) talking and laughing and I just can't believe how lucky I am that on my mission I have met some of my dearest friends. God knows us so well and puts people in our lives for a reason. Sad to leave these people, but so happy to meet some more beautiful souls. 

I love you! Talk to you next week from Paris! 

Love

Olivia 

No comments:

Post a Comment