Monday, June 17, 2013


1. the LamYam family 2. Soeur Bitter, Prisca, & Soeur Rhondeau

Salut!

Soeur Bit and I just got back from Fontainebleau and it was raining in the morning so we decided to wear our thickest sweaters and tights and boots. And then summer decided to come out and it is like 90 degrees outside and we had to run to catch the bus and people thought we were crazy. Just a fun little piece of our day to get the email started and give you an embarrassing mental image. Tacky Americans. 

This week was so so great! We had about 8 rdv fall through in a row, but the funny thing is it was one of our better weeks. Prisca is doing so so well. We taught her tithing and the Word of Wisdom this week which we were a little anxious for, not knowing how she would react. Her reaction: "I can pay 10%, because God gives me 100%." That is Prisca for you. She is so full of faith. It is interesting, she is one of the most logical people I have met, and that is how she sees the gospel. To her, it is logical and it makes sense. Her prayers at the end of the lessons are my favorite. She calls God "Papa" and I love it. When she prays, she prays with her heart, and like she is talking to someone she really knows. There was a ward BBQ this weekend, and Prisca came and brought her daughter, and we just had so much fun. Turns out she is super witty and we had a small laugh attack during the little gardening lesson that they did. She came to church with her daughter yesterday and we made plans for the baptism this Saturday, and also for a feast this friday. She is making us food from Cote d'Ivoire, and then Aline is making some Rwandan food. And we will bring chocolate chip cookies or something. I wish there was some crazy American meal we could make. 


Petula and her whole family came to church this Sunday, but unfortunately got there at the end of the closing prayer :) Her little boy Jason was super quiet and would talk to anyone so I went over and said "Ca va? Are you tired?" He looked at me with the most adorable little puppy dog eyes I have ever seen and said  "No, I'm sad." "Why are you sad?" "We missed the prayer!" So cute. 

Not many other things to report from this side of the world. Transfers are coming up next week and I can feel a change coming. This week is packed full of lots of good things, so I know it will be a good way to end this transfer. 

I love love love you! 

Love

Olivia 

No comments:

Post a Comment