Monday, November 12, 2012

st malo, etc.



Last week we went to St Malo and it was magical. There is something about seeing the sea after being in a sea of concrete every day. The sun was shining and it was absolutely magical. We wandered around on the beach for a while and then through the cobblestone streets, I ate a caramel crepe and then we hiked to this little island and sang Coldplay's Violet Hill on the top as the rain came in, and then For the Beauty of the Earth. Because pourqoui pas, and how many times in your life are you going to be on a green island hill off the coast of France? 'Twas lovely and is our new happy place. Only 15 euro train ride, 45 minutes away. We are tempted to go every P-Day. 

The last photo is of our appartement. But soon it will be empty because they are taking away all of our furniture for the older couples! It was hilarious, Soeur Poz came and just had a list of things she was taking and we sat there all helpless. It really is nbd, because missionary apartments usually don't have anything in them, anyways. Just classic. This is our before pic; next week I'll send the after. And we will be sitting on the floor. 

Also I have more time, because the pictures are taking forever to load so I will add a few things about our week. Sorry my email was so short and unispiring. We had dinner at a member's house this week and we had raclette, and it was delish but also hilarious because they have 8 CATS. 8. And in the middle of dinner I heard someone say Sourri! Which means smile, but also mouse. I thought they were saying smile so I just smiled and then I looked down and the cat is chasing this giant mouse and it was hilarious and also unappetizing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment