Thursday, July 21, 2011

so now what?


On the long plane ride home I thought this to myself. 6 weeks of summer home time. What would I do after traipsing around Europe for a few months? What could possibly compare? And then we landed in Salt Lake and I remembered. Childhood, family, Yale ave. Home. And I sure do love it. We drove up our tree lined streets and were welcomed by our golden puppy jumping up and down at the door. I love my this home my parents have created for us.

Lately my time has been spent babysitting possibly the cutest children ever to grace this planet, teaching art camp with my artistically gifted older sister, and soaking in summer on the back porch. We have been roasting veggies like they're going out of style (after a pretty embarrassing episode at Whole Foods that involved artichokes and a gardener and a grocer) and sitting on the couch outside playing guitar and talking the night away.

Not going to lie, there are moments when I miss Paris and my Paris friends so much my heart hurts, but I am here and here is now and I am happy.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post of yours. I wish I felt the same after coming back from trips. But all I ever think is why did I have to come back? haha I want to try roasting veggies. I'm trying to be more healthy. Do you take guitar lessons still? I am currently searching for a new teacher.

    ReplyDelete