Wednesday, May 11, 2011

highs and lows

high: Exploring the Marais with Holly and finding Place de Vosges, Crepes de Suzette, a secret garden and many other lovely spots.
low: getting on the metro during rush hour on our way home and being stuck in between La Défense and de Gaulle Étiole for 20 MINUTES. In a dark tunnel. 85 degrees. Jam packed like sardines. Couldn't breathe. Most claustrophobic moment of my life.

high: Beautiful french man (Luc? Gaspard? My roommates and I heard 2 different things, although how we differentiated that much is beyond me...) godson of my host mom walking in for dinner and greeting us with the traditional bisous.
low: suddenly being incapacitated in my ability to speak/understand french as soon as he walked in the room. I think the most I got out was, "Quoi?", while he sat there all sophisticated, drinking his glass of wine. Impressive, n'est-ce pas?

high: Dinner on the patio with Nannick, Claire and Holly. Great conversation a such good food!
low: slicing with finger open while (apparently rigorously) cutting the baguette.

high: discovering the best chocolate in the world at the corner store right by my school.
low: discovering the best chocolate in the world at the corner store right by my school and being tempted to go every single day.

1 comment:

  1. I know how hot and crowded the Metro can be. Ah! I'm so glad you made it out alive! You need to tell more about this French garcon! I hope your finger is all better by now.

    ReplyDelete